Provides concepts of the new products, with a focus on design, and controlling manufacturability. Activities include understanding and controlling costs, quality, performance, reliability and customer/CTI expectations. Products could be customer driven in the framework of contract manufacturing or CTI developed systems. The Product Designer works with Program Management and Product Engineering to steer the initial manufacturing of prototypes while developing the final drawings, process documents and methods for final release to manufacturing
- Provide concepts of new products.
- Review and define customer/CTI expectations based on product type.
- Provide conceptional drawings.
- Release prototypes to Manufacturing.
- Design and development activities required for release to manufacturing.
- Provide release to prototype documentation for experiments.
- Create preliminary and final process documentation to control Manufacturing.
- Procure and define standard materials used during prototyping.
- Define and release fixtures and tooling.
- Provide sales work order documentation
- Control all release documentation.
- Aid Manufacturing during initial release of projects.
- Assist other functions in meeting the goals of the product development.
- R&D support functions required during prototyping.
- Coordinate with Research Scientists to provide information required to test prototypes/production released orders.
- Comply with all corporate policies and departmental procedures.
- Protect Conductive Technologies and customers confidentiality.
Special Skills Required:
- Ability to lead initiatives with little/no supervision.
- Evaluate technical and economic alternatives for successful project execution.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English language.
- Self-starting team player that can handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office products.
- 2 year college or university program certificate in engineering discipline plus 3 years overall experience or minimum 7 years’ experience in engineering.
- Desired Experience:
- GMP and ISO.
- 2D or 3D CAD.
- Basic understanding of silkscreen printing and converting processes.
Interested in this position? Upload your resume below.