Operate printing presses and various other printing support machinery. Rotate among assigned presses, various pre and post-work stations as well as utilitarian duties within the printing department. Maintain the necessary quality standards in accordance with the customer and company requirements. Carries out other duties as required or assigned.
• Inspect and evaluate the quality of the product and the printing.
• Basic operation of semi-automatic press equipment and automatic equipment.
• Set-up and operate various printing support machinery with both pre and post print applications.
• Operate various drying/curing machinery.
• Perform routine machine maintenance.
• Daily maintenance as outlined in maintenance book
• Workstation is clean and organized
• Load and unload product from various machinery.
• Interpret methods, documents, blueprints, drawings, and process documents.
• Utilize various mechanical and/or computerized measuring devices/machinery.
• Follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures and ISO requirements.
• Consistently meet or exceed quality and quantity standards as required by company and/or
• Analyze and evaluate print quality and color.
• Ability to complete non-routine tasks/jobs of moderate complexity.
• Ability to work and troubleshoot with minimal supervision.
• Displays a high level of accountability and integrity.
• Good communication skills.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills, manual dexterity and physical coordination.• Good vision with the ability to focus on fine print and discern color.
• Physical ability to climb up and down up to 3 foot stools for an extended period of time.
• Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly individually or with assistance.
• Ability to effectively interface with fellow employees, lead personnel and supervisors/managers.
• Willingness to be a team player.
• Ability to meet or exceed efficiency requirements.
Special Skills Required:
• Possess a complete understanding of basic math as well as Metric and English measurements.
• Possess basic mechanical aptitude.
• Must be procedure oriented and methodical with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Printing, technical and mechanical experience is a plus
• 2-5 years printing experience